50 Modern Loft Kitchen Design Ideas
Looking at the modern interiors of apartments in loft style, it’s hard to believe that “attic-roof” design direction immediately found its admirers. Those distinctive features that give this style a special value, at the dawn of its inception was considered to be significant deficiencies. The arrangement of abandoned industrial areas in the thirties and the forties of the last century for many Americans was the only opportunity to get a separate housing. However, very soon the idea of recreating the specifics of factory buildings in ordinary urban apartments liking not only constrained in the costs to the students, but relatively wealthy homeowners of America and Europe.
Thanks to the efforts of designers of our time, the loft is reflected in the design of a wide range of applications. Incomparable flavor industrial buildings felt like in appearance bedrooms and guest rooms and modern kitchen interiors.
What good is this style for decorating kitchens?
Industrial style kitchen fully appreciated by those who enjoy a spacious room with enough light and air. High ceilings, painted white, add an extra amount. Wooden beams, pipes, rafters and supporting pillars, available in the apartment, don’t have to hide or disguise. Thanks to these attributes, the kitchen area will get the typical “factory” look.
Loft style needs no refined decor in a kitchen would be appropriate colours (white, grayish, brownish, black and blue). The appearance of this cuisine are perfectly complemented by concise doors and Windows are rectangular in shape. No need to pick up something special, the main thing is that they are as spacious.
The kitchen factory-style is often broken into a kind of zone. Using screens and mobile partitions you can create in one room for several functional areas. For the zoning in some cases, used kitchen furniture.
When finishing a typical kitchen in a loft style uses the most simple and available materials: brick, concrete, untreated wood, glass and metal. Remarkably, if the room has exposed brick walls and rough concrete floors. In some cases, these surfaces are created artificially with the aid of materials imitating brickwork or rough plaster.
Best Industrial Unique Kitchen Pictures
The use of industrial style when decorating the kitchen will allow apartment owners to minimize the cost of repair and decoration of the room. The materials and technologies used for decorating the kitchen area, even residents who are not able to make expensive repairs. At the same time, the combination of certain elements of style loft will give any interior not only originality, but also quite a Bohemian look. The idea will appeal primarily single young people and married couples, as well as owners who identify themselves as “creative elite”.
Seven tips to creating the kitchen in the loft style
1. When you finish this kitchen designers recommend to allocate one of the walls by painting in a different color. There is another option: you can leave the surface in its original form or to make it look picturesque masonry or rough plaster, using the available decorative materials. If you decide to create in the kitchen imitation walls “brick”, it is recommended to cover their Matt emulsion white or cream color.
2. Nobody argues that industrial design direction is best suited for huge apartments with high ceilings. However, even standard construction can be excellent to combine some of the elements inherent in the loft. Moreover – decoration kitchen interior in the factory style will visually expand the size of the area and make it more three-dimensional and “air”.
For owners of small properties superior solution will be the Union of the kitchen with loggia or balcony. The kitchen area in this case will increase significantly, the room will be a large window. The light in the kitchen area will become more natural.
3. The loft has specific requirements for lighting. In this kitchen must be some artificial light sources. It is customary to use all kinds of lamps and chandeliers and recessed lighting. The form and style of lighting devices is selected in accordance with the overall design concept. Here are all permitted from conventional lamps to chandeliers, made in the style of hi-tech. The window openings are made as open as possible, without curtains or curtains. When designing kitchen spaces in industrial style, you can use horizontal blinds.
4. For flooring you should choose the material, combined with the overall appearance of the building. It can be as rough concrete base, remaining in a room after carrying out essential maintenance work, and the more “warm” types of coatings, such as natural wood. If the floors in the kitchen covered with old floorboard, then you can just ottsiklevat them and cover with a layer of colorless nail Polish. When choosing baseboards, consider the tone of the walls – the color of these surfaces should be as similar as possible.
5. Choosing furniture for a kitchen, it should be remembered that it should be functional and concise at the same time. Some people believe that furniture accessories for the kitchen area, designed in a loft style, very reminiscent of office products. The furniture should not be too large – these are the elements will not clutter up the interior. In the industrial kitchen looks great glass tabletops, wooden and metal racks, folding chairs. This furniture is typically used in country cottages and country houses.
Be aware that the loft is absolutely not tolerate closed shelves and cabinets in the kitchen should be a lot of open shelves with cooking accessories and utensils. Very handy here will be moveable table on wheels and a convenient Breakfast bar.
6. In such kitchens are very unexpected and original looks antique furniture, given a decent look. Elegant translucent buffets, cozy dining chairs and small sofas, mirrors in stylish frames play an important role in the regeneration of the kitchen. They not only perform the function of furniture, but are the necessary accessories interior loft-style. In addition, kitchen furniture used for the differentiation of space, creation of functional areas.
Do not be afraid of a combination of new and old in such kitchens. Industrial design direction allows you to combine antique furniture with modern multifunctional appliances. Vintage kitchen buffet, live in harmony with trendy chrome surfaces and glass partitions. Unlike furniture, kitchen appliances in accordance with the requirements of the loft should be large and robust. Devices of considerable size in these interiors are associated with those that you often see in restaurants.
7. Do not too expressive interior of the kitchen is bright and eye-catching will help all kinds of accessories: modern reproductions emerging artists, youth posters and graffiti, statues and objects of folk art. They should not be many: it is important not to “overdo it”. A small number of carefully selected gizmos will allow you to make the room brightness and originality, will emphasize its individuality.
Everyone has the right to decide whether to create the kitchen in such a peculiar style. After some thought, we come to the following conclusion: why not? Option has many advantages. And those who have already joined the ranks of the lucky owners of kitchen interiors in the style of a loft, fully appreciated it and do not regret my decision.